Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ive had a mole above my right hip for two years and im afraid its melanoma?

it never gets bigger.. but i would describe it exactly as being the color of dry oatmeal, with a tiny darker brown dot in the center. its easily the size of a SMALL grain of rice and has ALWAYS been that size. it is a raised mole. i feel it all the time, i just touch it because it terrifies me. im very paranoid, because ive been wearing protective serums and sunscreen since I was 12.. that was about nine years ago. ive always been careful and aware of protecting myself from UVA rays,etc. i do not ever tan ( intentionally). this is the ONLY place on my body that ive ever been suspicious of. i do not even have freckles, just this. ALSO.. no health insurance. ( my parents wrote me off and im still finishing college). so should i go to a dcotor or is there anywhere i can go for a free screening? ive heard horror stories of people getting screened by doctors and doctors saying all is well but then 5 years later they are in stage 4...what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment