Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Does anybody know how to get a cat on a different sleeping schedule?!?

My eight month old tabby cat whom my husband and I have had for going on 4 months now, hasn't been sleeping through the night recently. When we first adopted him, he would go to sleep with us and wake up with us, but now he refuses to go to sleep until 12 or 1 in the morning, but he turns around and wakes us up between 5 and 7 in the morning. It's getting to the pont where in the last 4 nights, he has only slept 4 to 5 hours each one before waking us up. I've tried everything I have heard so far, which are to play with him until he is exausted right before bed, and to try and keep him awake as much as possible during the day, but neither suggestion has worked. I'm aware that cats are natually nacturnal, but is there anyway I can get him to where he goes to sleep with us and wakes up with us again? If anyone could give us any more suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, because giving him up isn't an option, but we really value our sleep! lol Thank you! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment